What are Textured Finish Floors?
Floors with a textured finish are designed to have a certain degree of roughness. There are two reasons for a textured finish – design and slip resistance.
Benefits of Textured-Finish Floors
Textured-finish floors create aesthetic benefits as well as provide protection.
Benefit highlights include:
- Creating a look or feel. Textured surfaces bring depth. They reflect light differently and can sometimes provide and "earthier" feel.
- Providing increased slip resistance. In areas where grease, water and spills tend to exist, a higher textured finish is beneficial.
Kitchens, manufacturing/processing areas and public food spaces are prime examples of where texture matters.
Recommended industries include:
All Stonhard floors can utilize a texture aggregate to achieve the desired finish. Different degrees of texture are recommended for the demands of each specific area. Our team of Territory Managers, Architectural and Engineering Representatives will assist you in finding the best textured finish for your environment.
Recommended products include:
- Stonclad - general manufacturing, food and beverage facilities and more
- Stongard - stadium concourses, parking structures, pedestrian bridges
- Stonshield - healthcare, retail environments, entertainment venues